Welcome

Vashti has over twenty years of experience teaching and performing belly dance. The former Artistic Director for Bellydance Odyssey Productions/Dance Odyssey Studio, Vashti is an award-winning performer and choreographer. Vashti has studied and performed a variety of stylizations within the "belly dance diaspora" but has dedicated her focus to the Suhaila Salimpour Format for the past seven years. Vashti became certified in Level 3 of Suhaila Salimpour's format in 2009 and has assisted Suhaila in both domestic and international workshops. In 2008, Vashti released an instructional DVD produced by Cheeky Girl Productions featuring her signature Spanish Gypsy stylization with Suhaila Salimpour's technical format.

Class Schedule

TBA

Instructional DVD

redirect to Amazon

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I don't want to forget October....






October was a huge month for me. So many creative projects. I don't want to forget about them!
I started the month traveling with my teacher, Suhaila Salimpour. She was booked to teach in Mexico City at the first belly dance Congress in Mexico. The trip was a bit rough...but we had a wonderful time. I returned home to begin frantically working on a haunted mansion project with my three-year-old son. We worked on it throughout the month of October. Somewhere around mid-October I started a jury trial -- interrupting it to travel to Chicago where I performed in the Cairo Raks Chicago show featuring Aida Nour. It was a fabulous production and Aida Nour is an incredible teacher and performer. (I also had catching up with Karim Nagi!). I returned to the Bay Area, where we hosted Aida Nour in our own workshops in San Francisco....and before I knew it AZIZA was here for Luna Gitana and her weeklong workshop.....AND we finished the haunted mansion.....whew! no wonder I'm exhausted....

(Photos from top: The Completed Haunted Mansion; AZIZA and Andres, AZIZA in Andres' skunk head from his Halloween costume; Shoshanna, Chellcy, Dahlia Moon, Amira and Vashti backstage at Cairo Raks Chicago; Suhaila's workshop attendees in Mexico City; Isabella at Frida's Blue House)

No comments: